HOW TO COOK CHICKEN CALDERETA (CALDERETANG MANOK)
Chicken Caldereta or Calderetang Manok is a traditional dish in the Philippines. This has many variations too. It became popular in the United States because of its thick sauce and vegetables combined with the juicy taste of chicken. The Filipinos have many ways how to cook caldereta.
My grammy grew up in province where the people prefer to cook Chicken Caldereta rather than Pork Caldereta. In the town where I grew up, the people cook both Chicken and Pork Caldereta so my mom taught me how to cook both of them. I have shared with you how to cook Pork Caldereta.This recipe I am going to share with you now is how exactly my mom cooks Chicken Caldereta. Here is the recipe:
3 pcs caroot, cut into cubes
3 pcs green bell pepper, cut into cubes
3 pcs red bell pepper, cut into cubes
1 medium size onion, sliced
6 cloves of garlic, minced
2 cups of instant tomato sauce
½ cup liver spread
¼ cup cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup water
- Saute bell peppers together with carrots and potatoes for 5 minutes.
- In another pan, saute garlic and onion until light brown.
- Add the chicken and stir until the meat is light brown.
- Add all the ingredients, stir well and simmer until the meat is tender.
- Remove from heat and serve.