How To Make Wibele –this is another sort of German cookie. Wibele is a small biscuits that are shaped like number 8. In the United States, many bakeries and pastry shops offer this thing. It is good for kids as present when they got high grades in school or did a good job. If there is no German-inspired bakery around your place, don’t worry because you can still make your own Wibele. Making this biscuit is not tricky at all, it’s like baking your favorite cookies, only this time, you’re going to make it look like number 8. Wibele is just a plain cookie but you can add a twist by using your favorite pastry dip. In our home, we use maple syrup and sometimes, chocolate. One of my friends combine it with marshmallows but I haven’t tried it. Here is how to make Wibele:
- In a bowl, combine together all the ingredients except egg and lemon extract.
- Mix perfectly, add the remaining ingredients and knead until dough is formed.
- Roll the dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut the dough into pieces and make shapes like number 8.
- Put on a baking tray.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF for 12 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.