Recipe: Maja Blanca
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 5 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup fresh milk
- 18 ounces condensed milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 7 tbsp roasted grated coconut
- 18 ounces whole sweet corn kernel
- In a cooking pot, pour the coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Pour in the sweet corn kernels, condensed milk, and sugar then stir until the ingredients are dissolved and scattered.
- Simmer for 9 minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch and fresh milk and whisk until the cornstarch is dissolved.
- .Add the cornstarch and the fresh milk into the pot, stir while pouring in.
- Stir while cooking until become thick enough to solidify when cooling down.
- Pour the mixture in a moulding tray and evenly flatten the surface of the mixture with flat scrapping utensil or a spatula.
- Let rest to cool down and then refrigirate for 2 hours
- Scatter some Latik or Pinipig over if you have.
- Serve with tea or coffee.